Higg Index Verification
Higg Index Verification
Higg Index is a suite of self-assessment tools developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), designed to measure the sustainability impacts of apparel and footwear products, and to assess sustainability throughout a product’s entire life cycle, from materials to end-of-life.
The Index asks practice-based, qualitative questions to gauge environmental sustainability performance and drive behaviour for improvement. Verification of a Higg Index assessment by an approved assessor increases supply chain and client trust in the data derived.
In order to reduce audit fatigue, a facility can post and share its Higg index verification results on an online platform and share it with brands and retailers. Only one Higg index verification is necessary, it will be recognised by all SAC members, allowing factories to focus their efforts on the implementation of improvement actions.
service at a glance
Higg Facility Environmental Module (FEM) Verification measures:
- Management Systems
- Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Water Use
- Emissions to Air (If Applicable)
- Waste Management
- Chemical Management
Why do you need the verification through SGS?
- Opportunity to showcase your success to clients and new business leads
- Chances to grow, develop, improve and change
- Enables the identification of sustainability good practice
- Benchmark your setup against peers and competitors
- Identify education and learning requirements
- Help you to develop a roadmap for improvement
More information on: apparelcoalition.org
Recognized Qualification of Professionalism
SGS is the third-party service provider for Higg Index and also being the member of specialist work group, undertake the function of SAC FEM steering committee
Uniqueness and Credibility
In-depth participation in the development of HIGG INDEX standards, including the preparation of relevant basic documents, process design and staff training
Global Coverage with Local Expertise
Our Higg Index approved verifiers distribute worldwide
Our extensive auditing experience is highly recognized by customer
The Higg Index measures environmental (energy/greenhouse gas emissions; water; wastewater/effluent; air emissions; waste; and chemicals management) and social impacts across the life cycle of an apparel and footwear product.
- Wherever you are in the supply chain, the Higg Index can help you better understand the impact of your products and manufacturing processes.
- The Higg Index helps companies and individuals begin to think through the
questions they will need to answer in order to optimize supply chain practices,
increasing efficiency and mitigating risk.
- It can help you highlight inefficiencies and improve your supply chain management.