China’s Cosmetic Hygiene Supervision Regulation was first published in 1989 and came into force in 1990. After thirty years, this regulation was, according to commentator, “very much ripe to finally bow out,” and June 29, 2020, Order No. 727 was signed by the State Council, officially publishing the long-awaited final version of its replacement – the Cosmetics Supervision and Administration Regulation (CSAR).
Since CSAR came into effect on January 1, 2021, several subsidiary regulations have also been published, including:
- Rules on Cosmetic Registration and Notification
- Provision for Management of Cosmetic Registration and Notification Dossier
- Provision for Management of Cosmetic New Raw Material Registration and Notification Dossiers
- Technical Guidelines for Cosmetic Safety Assessment
- Technical Guidance for Cosmetic Efficacy Claims
- Rules on Cosmetic Classification and Categorization
These came into effect on May 1, 2021.
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection, and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our experts worldwide provide specialized solutions to make your business faster, simpler, and more efficient.
To get to know more about SGS Solution on China Import Services for cosmetics and skincare products, please fill in the below form to receive the brochure and subscribe to our newsletter. You can also contact us or learn more China Import Packages at TIC Mall.